July 2011 - December 2011
There has been more work than I could have imagined since March 2011. For now I am putting the latest photos up. Soon i will be updating the site with much more detail on everything.
Major milestones are:
1. Roof opening mechanism has been reinvented so that it can open and close safely. This roof is MUCH bigger than a standard opening hopper. The solution was to remove the back end gravity box and all wiring. In the end we have used three simple GAS SPRINGS that are installed inside and are hardly visible. They have over 250 Kg pushing force which is enough to open the roof and at the same time hold it steady and lock it to a to a fixed height so it doesn't open too much. The cap is tied with a steel wire to a geared manual winch that pulls the cap shut or releases it pretty easily.
2. All sealed. . and waterproof . Surprisingly even with the cap open there is no water coming in even during heavy rains!
3. Mezzanine flooring is finished!
4. Front Door is fitted (home made!)
5. Staircase is ready!
6. Guttering is done (Ferro cement)
7. Solar water heating (200 litre tank) will arrive this month
8. Solar power system will arrive this month (1Kw panels, 2KW PCU , 48Volt batteries)